The latest QBCS contains revised forecasts for the current 2006/07 cocoa year of world production, grindings and stocks of cocoa beans. The data published in this issue, Vol. XXXIII No. 2, Cocoa year 2006/07, reflect the most recent information available to the ICCO Secretariat as at the beginning of May 2007.
Summary of forecasts and revised estimates
|Cocoa year (Oct-Sep)||2006/2007||2007/08||Year-on-year change|
|Previous estimates a/||Revised estimates||Forecasts|
|(thousand tonnes)||(Per cent)|
|World production||3 721||3 472||3 444||-277||-7.4%|
|World grindings||3 492||3 540||3 555||+63||+1.8%|
|End-of-season stocks||1 882||1 757||1 737||-145||-7.7%|
a/ Forecasts published in Quarterly Bulletin of Cocoa Statistics, Vol. XXXIII – No. 1 – Cocoa year 2006/07
b/ Surplus/deficit: net world crop (gross crop adjusted loss in weight) minus grindings
Totals and differences may differ due to rounding.
This issue also contains:
- Data, by country, for the past four years of production and grindings of cocoa beans
- Comments on crop and demand prospects in the leading countries for the current season
- A review of price developments in international markets for cocoa beans during the January-March quarter of 2007
- Statistical information on trade in cocoa beans, cocoa products and chocolate, by country and by region. This covers annual data from 2003/04 to 2005/06 and quarterly statistics for the period January-March 2005 to July-September 2006
- Details of destination of export and origin of imports for leading cocoa-exporting countries
- Historical statistics on cocoa trade and consumption, by country and by region, for the period 1997/98 to 2005/06
Current and back issues of the Bulletin, including Microsoft Excel files and Adobe PDF format for Windows operating system can be ordered from the Secretariat or by clicking on the order form.
International Cocoa Organization
1-19 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1NU
Tel: +44 (0)20 7400 5050
Fax: +44 (0)20 7421 5500