Abidjan, 19 May 2021 – The International Cocoa Organization today releases the Cocoa Market Report for April 2021. The current report highlights the following key facts:
- Compared to the beginning of the 2020/21 cocoa year, prices of the front-month cocoa futures contract on the London and New York markets waned by 4% and 7% respectively as at end of April 2021.
- Exchange certified stocks increased by 22% in Europe while a 13% rise was recorded in certified stocks in the United States, due to April grading operations.
- Origin differentials started to fall again following their short-lived improvement observed during the preceding month.
- Cocoa production levels in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana remained higher than in the previous cocoa year.
- Unlike in Europe, grindings data for the first quarter of 2021 showed a year-on-year increase in North America and
You can download the complete report from our Statistics section