Abidjan, 14 September 2021 – The International Cocoa Organization today releases the Cocoa Market Report for July 2021. The current report highlights the following insights:
- Compared to their settlement values recorded on the first trading day of August, prices of the front-month futures contract increased by 5% from US$2,245 to US$2,363 per tonne and by 9% from US$2,355 to US$2,574 per tonne in London and New York respectively.
- Commercial traders increased their net short futures positions from -12,770 contracts to 14,934 contracts in Europe and from 9,653 contracts to 25,627 contracts in the United States.
- Certified stocks in exchange licensed warehouses continued to remain at high levels.
- Cocoa graded on the exchange increased year-on-year by 22,210 tonnes to 149,270 tonnes in Europe and by 80,245 tonnes to 105,043 tonnes in the United States.
- Compared to July 2021, the plunge in origin differentials was mostly halted during August 2021 in Europe and the United States.
- Record global production resulting in a supply excess of 230,000 tonnes anticipated for the 2020/21 cocoa year.
You can download the complete report from our Statistics section