Abidjan, 23 June 2021 – The International Cocoa Organization today releases the Cocoa Market Report for June 2021. The current report highlights the following insights:
- Prices of the nearby cocoa futures contract on the London and New York markets went up by 6% and almost 4%
respectively over May 2021.
- 72,230 tonnes of cocoa beans were exchanged against the MAY-21 contract, up from 20,330 tonnes tendered against
the MAY-20 contract.
- Hedgers increased their net short positions from 8,494 contracts to 11,294 contracts in Europe while in the United
States, they decreased their net short positions from 35,752 contracts to 31,866 contracts.
- Certified stocks in exchange licensed warehouses continued to climb in May on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Global forecast of cocoa supplies excess for 2020/21 perked at 165,000 tonnes at the end of May.
You can download the complete report from our Statistics section