- The ICCO daily price for cocoa beans is the average of the quotations of the nearest three active futures trading months on ICE Futures Europe (London) and ICE Futures US (New York) at the time of London close.
- London prices are converted into United States dollars per tonne by using the current six-month forward rate of exchange in London at closing.
- The time for shift to the next three-month period is the fifteenth of the month preceding the nearest active maturing month.
- More detailed information is available in the Quarterly Bulletin of Cocoa Statistics published by ICCO.
|wdt_ID||Date||London futures (£ sterling/tonne)||New York futures (US$/tonne)||ICCO daily price (US$/tonne)||ICCO daily price (Euro/tonne)|
Monthly Review of the Market
The Monthly Review of the cocoa market reports on the latest developments on the international cocoa futures markets (i.e. on the ICE Futures Europe and ICE Futures U.S). This document is graphically illustrated and provides a description of the evolution of the front-month cocoa futures contract prices denominated in U.S. dollars on both sides of the Atlantic, stocks and gradings at the exchange licensed warehouses, butter and powder prices, production and grindings as well as other factors influencing the cocoa trade.
Data on Production and Grindings of Cocoa Beans
Data posted on this web page cover production and grindings of cocoa beans by the main producing/exporting and importing countries for the last three cocoa years. The cocoa year runs from 1 October to 30 September.
Forecasts for the current cocoa year and more detailed information are available in the Quarterly Bulletin of Cocoa Statistics, published by ICCO.
Source/data collection methods
As published in the latest issue of the ICCO Quarterly Bulletin of Cocoa Statistics (QBCS), these data are collected in numerous ways, primarily by sending questionnaires to countries (ministries of agriculture, ministries of trade, cocoa organisations, etc).
Other sources are libraries, Internet, trade organisations, specialist institutions and international news agencies.
The Statistics Section revises on a quarterly basis the cocoa beans production and grindings data. The posted table is updated in March, June, September and December.
Other Statistical Data
The Statistics Section carries out various studies on the cocoa market, some of which can be found on the statistics web page:
- Assessment of the movements of global supply and demand, reviewing in detail the developments in the world cocoa market during the past ten years.
- Report on the annual ICCO survey of cocoa bean stocks, aims to determine stocks of cocoa beans in European warehouses as at the end of each cocoa year.
- Assessment of world stocks of cocoa beans as at 30 September, contains information on recently published estimates of world cocoa bean stocks, assesses their accuracy and attempts to identify their location as at 30 September of each cocoa year.